Search This Blog

Cooking With Courtney

Cooking With Courtney

Monday, January 1, 2024

Corn Chowder






 I love soup, but I find that when I make a pot a lot of it goes to waste.  I have discovered these great silicone soup freezers and now I can have a different soup each day of the week! You can purchase them on Amazon.  I have a soup making week and then I'm set for months of lunches!


Directions and Ingredients: 

1. Dice 1/2 cup onion and 2 celery stalks and saute (in butter or oil) in a heavy bottom pot until tender. 

2. Add 1/3 cup bacon bits or cooked crumbled bacon

3. Add 2 cups vegetable stock and 2 cups milk

4. Add 3 cups frozen, canned or fresh corn, 1 can of potatoes, diced, 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers and 2 tsp Mrs Dash (salt free seasoning)

5. Heat over medium heat (careful not to curdle the milk) 

6. To thicken mix 1/3 cup flour or corn starch with 1/2 cup water and add to pot, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Heat until desired thickness is reached. 

7. To freeze for later, pour 1 cup of each in each section of the silicone soup freezers.  Freeze until solid and the pop them out of the molds.  Store in a labeled ziplock bag in the freezer for individual servings. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment